WONDERING WHAT TO DO TO CELEBRATE EARTH DAY?
One of our fellow township citizens had a great idea. Picking up trash along our roadsides!
Her question to me was, is there any provision for trash bags to be picked up when they are filled along the roads. I called our garbage/recycling provider Johns Disposal and they said that they will send out a rear loading truck to gather these bags.
So if you decide to participate in https://cleanup.earthday.org/ by gathering litter along our township roads please follow some basic safety rules:
- Wear bright reflective clothes
- Only go out during daylight hours
- Walk facing oncoming traffic
- Tie the bag tops so the trash doesn’t escape
- Leave the full bags well off the pavement, preferably on the edge of the grass
When you are done call John’s Disposal 1-262-473-4700 and tell them you are in Janesville Township and what road the bags are on and they will schedule a truck to pick them up.